Cross Bay Walk 2023
Here at The Adullam Programme we are really excited to announce that this year, for the first time, we are going to be joining the King’s guide to the Kent Estuary, Michael Wilson, on the historic walk across the bay from Arnside to Grange Over Sands.
The walk dates back to the era of Henry VIII and the original route was from Hest Bank to Kents Bank. However, due to the soft sand at Hest Bank the route is now changed to Arnside to Grange.
The walk is lovely with varied terrain with stunning views and is between 5.5 miles to 7.5 miles depending on the safest route.
29th April 2023
Registration: 11:00am – 12:30pm
Walk Starts: 1:00pm
Walk Finishes: 4.30pm (approx)
Start: Arnside front (near the Albion pub)
Finish: Grange Over Sands (Please note you will need to organise transport from Grange Over Sands if you need to return to pick up your car from Arnside)
What will I need on the day?
- Wear old / Comfortable trainers
- Wear comfortable clothing and dress accordingly
- Bring a hat and sunscreen or waterproofs (check the weather forecast beforehand)
- Water (please take into account that on the sands there are no toilets – these are only at the start/finish points.)
- Lunch / snacks as we will stop for a break on the walk
- Small first aid kit for yourselves to deal with any minor injuries / blisters etc
How much does it cost?
There are two ticket options:
- Ticket Only. £15 per person. £10 will be donated to The Adullam Programme and £5 will be received by The Guide over Sands Trust.
- Sponsored Place. £10 per person. Requirement for each person to raise a minimum of £20 in sponsorship for the event. £25 (or more if more than £20 is raised) will be donated to The Adullam Programme, and £5 will be received by The Guide over Sands Trust. In return you will receive a free T-shirt. (T-shirt cannot be guaranteed after April 18)
- Dogs. £5 each (Tickets now SOLD OUT)